This is a list of all the categories used on the wiki. Please read the Category Rules before adding any categories to pages.
- Original: Creepypastas that are 100% original content, not based off of any existing series or idea.
- Spin-off: Creepypastas based off of games, TV shows, other pastas, etc.
- Trollpasta: Not-so-creepypastas written as intentional parodies of bad creepypastas.
Every pasta on this wiki should be tagged under one of these three categories. These categories are mutually exclusive—meaning, a page can only fall under one. Trollpastas do not get either the Original or Spin-off tags.
This is a list of the most popular and widely-used spin-off categories. For a complete list, click here.
- Ben Drowned: You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you?
- Herobrine: Creepers aren't the only thing to protect yourself against.
- Jeff the Killer: Stories about Jeff (and Jane) the killer.
- Mario: All is not well in the Mushroom Kingdom.
- Minecraft: Pixelated blocks have never been spookier.
- MLP: Everything My Little Pony in one place. Or at least all the creepypastas.
- Pokémon: Do you believe in the White Hand?
- SCP: Secure. Contain. Protect. Lots of spooky objects in here.
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Pastas about that crazy blue hedgehog.
- Sonic.exe: Pastas about that psychopathic blood-soaked hedgehog.
- Slenderman: Don't look behind you.
- Squidward's Suicide: I was an intern at Nickelodeon.
- Zelda: Down the rabbit hole and straight to Termina.
- Animals: As one might guess, these pastas have to do with animals.
- Beings: Things that aren't quite human.
- Computers/Internet: All about computers, the Internet, and the stuff in/on them.
- Disappearances: People and things that go *poof*.
- Dreams/Sleep: Spooky things that happen in your sleep.
- ETC: For those rare few pastas that just don't fit anywhere else.
- History: These pastas are special. These pastas are about history!
- Items/Objects: All about mysterious items and artifacts.
- Journal: Pastas that are written to look like a diary, journal, or maybe even a blog.
- Memes: Articles having to do with those crazy internet phenomena... including other pastas.
- Mental Illness: People who may not be all right in the head.
- Military: Soldiers, wars, and militaries galore.
- Music: Pastas all about songs and music. ♪
- NSFW: Not Safe For Work. Pretty self-explanitory.
- Places: Creepy buildings, unsettling landmarks, and all sorts of odd locales.
- Poetry: These pastas mix it up a little by being poetry instead of prose.
- Rituals: Perform these at your own risk... you've been warned.
- Science: "Anything that can go wrong, will."
- Surprise Ending: These pastas try to hide what they're really about.
- Television/Movies: Pastas about TV, movies, or any other video format.
- Lost Episodes: If a show exists, it probably has one of these.
- Theories: Surprising truths about things you thought you knew all about.
- Video Games: Pastas about video games, old, new, and even nonexistent!
- Images: A tag for articles that have embedded images.
- Videos: A tag for articles that have embedded videos.
- Audio: A tag for articles that have embedded audio.
- Damn Fine Pasta: Articles that don't suck. Admin only.
- Crappypasta: Articles that don't not suck. Admin only.
- Marked for Review: Articles that may not be creepy enough for Creepypasta get this tag, and will be reviewed by staff.
- Delete Now: Articles that violate site rules and need to be deleted ASAP get this tag, and will be reviewed promptly by staff.
- Meta: Pages in this category have to do with the site. Admin only.
- Site Rules: Pages in this category are part of the site rules. Admin only.